Friday, June 26, 2009

Parenthood

Kaden likes to sleep upside down, oh wait, I just forgot to flip the picture. He does like to sleep with his arms straight out.

Today we went to the store as a family for the first time as we needed medicine for Aaron and new formula for Kaden. We didn't know the spanish words for any of it, but I'm pretty sure we walked out with the right stuff. ;>)

Aaron looks a bit crazy as his arms are burning from holding and patting Kaden. We've been taking turns, I hope the doctor gets here soon!

Yesterday Kaden got a bath, it was a team effort. So far everything has been a team effort. I don't know how anyone can do this by themselves.

Wednesday night was a doozy. I think we got between an hour and a half to three hours of sleep. Kaden kept waking up and would cry and cry and cry. The cry was one of the worst things I've ever heard, he sounded so scared and upset. As strangers to him, who probably smell funny, we couldn't console him. He hardly took any naps Thursday, so we hardly took any naps either. He is drinking from a bottle but not enough. This new parent thing is kinda hard figuring things out. We did successfully give Kaden a bathe for our first time on Thursday and he seemed to like it. Last night was a little bit better, but today he has gotten so fussy that people here think he has colick so a doctor is coming to see him in an hour. Our arms are burning from holding him, patting his back and trying to calm him. Aaron has been doing awesome in spite of not feeling well, we've been told it might be the air pollution. At this point I think Kaden is going to be a drummer or some sort of musician as he loves when we tap on books and he bangs on them with us and loves when we hum. We've found that all songs sound like lullabies if hummed softly, good thing as we don't really know any lullabies.

3 comments:

  1. Who would guess that out of the three you TRACY would be the one who is NOT sick! Ha! I'm sorry to hear about Aaron and Kaden not feeling well though. Bad week for that. And I'm sure the lack of sleep isn't helping either of them. It will get easier though! And he is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I can totally relate to the new parenthood thing. It's crazy, but fun trying to figure things out. When I think I have our little guy figured out and on a schedule, it changes. Taking things one day, even one hour, at a time help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're doing a great job sister (and brother-in-law). So you see why an upright parrot birthday cake wasn't really feasible with 6 week old twins and a 21 month old. It may be tough at first but you'll be pros in no time. Keep the pictures coming -we love 'em!

    ReplyDelete